We're looking for Graphic and Product Designers to create visual concepts, by hand or using computer software, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate consumers. The designer must develop the overall layout and production design for website, products, social media postings, advertisements, brochures, magazines, and corporate reports, if any.
As a graphic designer you'll need to listen to clients and understand their needs before making design decisions and creative quirky, fun and out-of-the-box designs to match to Mango People's voice.
You may need to manage more than one design brief at a time and typical activities include:
- meeting and discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- developing design briefs that suit Mango People's voice
- thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design for products, ads, website and social media content;
- using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- working with a range of media, including computer-aided design (CAD) and keeping up to date with emerging technologies;
- proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print;
- commissioning illustrators and photographers;
- working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
Working hours are typically 5-6 hours a day, usually with some flexibility around start and finish times. Extra hours are likely when deadlines are approaching, and this may involve working into the early hours to get a job finished. The candidate should have their own mode of transportation and should be able to visit the Mango People Studio located in Naraina Vihar, New Delhi 5 days/week.
You could also apply for part-time work or for a college credit.In particular, a degree or HND in the following subjects may increase your chances:
- 3D design;
- communication design;
- fine art;
- graphic design;
- visual art.
- passion and enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair;
- excellent communication skills in order to interpret and negotiate briefs
- good presentation skills and the confidence to explain ideas
- time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time;
- accuracy and attention to detail when finalising designs;
- being open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs;
- effective networking skills to build contacts.
If you're a budding designer with less or no past experience but are looking for a professional environment to work in, you can apply as an intern for Graphic Designing for the Mango People Studio. You must be crazy and super creative to create designs that capture the customer's attention at one glance.
Email email@example.com with "I'm Your Graphic Designer” in the subject and the following:
-3-4 designs/pictures of your recent work or any other past experiences
-A short paragraph about yourself including why you want to intern for Mango People, why you are a good fit and your career goals
-Links to your Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and/or other social accounts