Disney world is a dream itself, but is it too difficult to find dreams come true? Not really. Mentioned below are seven disney castles that were actually inspired from the monuments around the world. A proof of how dreams can come true too!
1) Neuschwanstein Castle, Bavaria - (Sleeping Beauty Castle)
The real Sleeping Beauty Castle is in Bavaria. The Castle was based on the Neuschwanstein Castle from the 19th century which was inspired from the operas of Richard Wagner.
2) Taj Mahal, Agra, India - The Sultan's Palace (Aladdin)
The Sultan's Palace was inspired by the very own Taj Mahal in Agra, India. Taj Mahal was built by Shah Jahan in the memory of his deceased wife Mumtaz Mahal.
3) Eilean Donan Castle, Scotland - Castle DunBroch (Brave)
Castle DunBroch was modelled as Eilean Donon Castle as story artist- Louis Gonzales wanted to give an earthy and solid look to the castle.
4) Mont Saint Michel, Normandy, France - The Castle of Corona (Tangled)
The Castle of Corona has been inspired by the Mount Saint Michel in Normandy, France and was known as the most expensive Disney animations. The real location is inhabited by 40 people but the movie created a whole town around the castle.
5) Chauteau De Chillon, Lake Geneva, Switzerland - Eric's Castle (The Little Mermaid)
Eric's Castle was based on Chauteau De Chillon on Lake Geneva, Switzerland. The Prisoner of Chillon poem by Lord Byron was inspired by the same Castle.
6) Segovia Castle, Spain - The Queen's Castle (Snow White)
Segovia Castle was originally built as a fortress but also served as a royal palace. The Queen's Castle was inspired by Segovia Castle.
7) Chateau De Chambord, Loir-Et-Cher, France - The Beast's Castle (Beauty & the Beast)
The Beast's castle was modelled after a 16th century hunting lodge in Loir-Et-Cher named Chateau De Chambord in France. It is known that this huge building has 426 rooms, 282 chimneys and 77 staircases.
So are you packing your bags, already? We are! :D